October 10, 2013
Penguin Random House Canada is thrilled and extremely honoured to announce that Alice Munro has won this year's Nobel Prize for Literature.
July 1, 2013
The global senior executive team for Penguin Random House was announced today by Chief Executive Officer Markus Dohle, following the closing of the transaction by shareholders Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA and Pearson this morning to formally establish the venture.
April 19, 2013
- Bertelsmann welcomes decisions by Canadian Competition Bureau and Department of Canadian Heritage
- Another approval without conditions
- Closing once all official approvals are in
October 29, 2012
- Thomas Rabe implements new Bertelsmann strategy in the book publishing business
- Bertelsmann to hold 53 percent of new publishing group, Pearson 47 percent
- Markus Dohle (Random House) appointed as CEO, John Makinson (Penguin) as Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Bertelsmann to appoint five representatives to the Board of Directors, Pearson four